Frostbite (Limestone)

I attended Limestone's winterfest a last week and was able to try their spiced ale. It's a typical spiced ale, a very good typical spiced ale. So many brewers over-spice, under-spice, add odd spice, but this was just right. I liked it so well that I took a well-sealed growler home to make some Frostbite ice cream! I'm boiling it down now...so this will be a quick post.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown brew had a light off-white head. I could smell sweet spices and malt. It smelled pie-like to me, was it a ginger smell?

Taste: This is a richly-spiced brew. I got some heat from the cinnamon, which took it from good to really good. The sweet malts and light honey smoothed it out. It wasn't thick, but it was a touch creamy. It's definitely a good winter dessert.

Perfect ice cream beer! Will go well with the pumpkin or apple pie.

From the Limestone site:
A spiced winter ale that can take away the chill! Specifically, a Brown Ale with 5 different barley malts, Naperville honey, spiced with fresh ginger, allspice, cinnamon, and both bitter and sweet orange peel. With 5.91% ABV, this brew is sure to warm you up on those cold winter nights.

Comments

Popular Posts