Furious (Surly Brewing Co)

I had some cans of Surly hiding in the lair, and figured that it would be a great way to celebrate the anniversary of the repeal of prohibition.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold-colored brew has a off-white frothy head that won't quit. It has a bit of an orange tint to it. I can smell both citrus and earthy/woody hops. Thick lacing clings to my glass as I drink it down.

Taste: The upfront bitterness with piney hops makes me really understand the power and fury of this beer. It has a malty, caramel ending that really balances out. It almost makes me forget about those hops until the next wonderful mouthful.

From the Surly site:
A tempest on the tongue, or a moment of pure hop bliss? Brewed with a dazzling blend of American hops and Scottish malt, this crimson-hued ale delivers waves of citrus, pine and caramel-toffee. For those who favor flavor, Furious has the hop-fire your taste buds have been screeching for.

STYLE: American India Pale Ale
MALT: Pale Ale, Golden Promise, Aromatic, Medium Crystal, Roasted Barley
HOPS: Warrior, Ahtanum, Simcoe, Amarillo
YEAST: English Ale

Comments

Popular Posts