Gemini (Southern Tier)

I don't drink Southern Tier much. They are one of those breweries I take for granted. I know they are good, I've never been let down, yet I rarely go out of my way for one of their brews. I had never heard of this special IPA of sorts (unfiltered imperial extra pale ale blended with their Unearthly Imperial IPA), so I had to try it. Looking on the Southern Tier site, it's a limited release.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had bubbly white head. It smelled like hoppy pine. It left light lacing on my glass as I drank it.

Taste: It was piney. It was sweeter than expected. It was balanced.

From the STBC site:
”blended hoppe and unearthly”
Look high in the sky on a clear winter night and you're likely to find two parallel stick figures known as the twins, or the constellation Gemini. We have our own terrestrial twins here, but we name them after the ones in the sky. We brew an Imperial extra pale ale, then leave it unfiltered. To this crisp, clean ale we add our potent Unearthly Imperial IPA. The two are blended together in one vessel for a beer you'll taste from the ground but experience in the heavens.

Comments

Popular Posts