Rathskeller (Gray's)

I had a sampler pack of Gray's from a trip to WI sitting in the lair. I went for a sampling session, using my Trion's Brew Haven glasses to split the bottles with Mr. K. I think I got a good feel for what Gray's was about. This first was an amber ale.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This had a rich and frothy cream-colored head. I smelled the sweet maltiness.

Taste: It was watery and caramel tasting. It had a touch of hop acid, but mostly sweet caramel. Not the best, but drinkable.Maybe it was old or something, because I definitely wasn't getting all of the complexity their site claims it has.

From the Gray's site:
A uniquely distinctive Ale brewed with a special blend of malted barley and floral hops. It's characterized by a rich golden color, robust full-bodied flavor topped with a rich creamy head and refreshing aroma. Already a favorite of those who appreciate an Ale with real character.

Comments

Popular Posts