Rubber Monkey (Haymarket/Greenbush)

I had been reading about this Belgian Wheat IPA, and was happy to be able to try some! I got this Haymarket/Greenbush collaboration on tap at Haymarket before a show.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold brew had a thin white head. It had a very musky hop scent. The musky slight fruitiness went well with the wheaty sweetness.

Taste: This was a very smooth brew. I think the wheat added a creaminess to it. It had a sharper bitter end to it, which gave it a bit more complexity in my mind. I really enjoyed this one, an interesting and good combo.

From the Haymarket site:
1of 2 collaboration brews with Scott Sullivan from Greenbush Brewery in Sawyer, MI. This brew was crafted here at Haymarket Pub & Brewery. A delicious wheat IPA, this beer uses all Citra hops and authentic Belgian yeast. Yum!

**The citra, that was the musky fruitiness!

Comments

Popular Posts