Aquavit Porter (Unknown)

I've said that this blog is no longer about every beer that touches my lips and only reserved for the special brews. We'll, I've been having some special brews the past few days!

This brew was identified by a handwritten paper sign on the tap.  Looking it up, it can be from one of two local breweries. This is a mystery brew.

With my heavy sampling of Norwegian aquavit, I'd feel remiss if I didn't get this Imperial Porter aged in Aquavit barrels. It's my last night in Bergen, and I may never see it again.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This blackish brew has a creamy coffee-colored head. It smells incredibly boozy and roasted, with just a hint of spice.

Taste: It's seriously boozy and thick. The aftertaste is dry, woody, and boozy. It has an alcohol burn. I don't get a ton of caraway spice, but aquavit varies so greatly. It's easy to age away the spiced flavors.

Comments

Popular Posts