25 Drinks: Santa's Sour

Lucky 13 is a sour and hearty warmer. The Bruery's Sour in the Rye would be the perfect brew for Santa if he were into sours (and real). This dark and spicy sour is rich and complex. It's a substantial brew. While I have had this many times, it has yet to make it into my library of notes. It's one that I grab if I see it on the shelf. It's one that was quick to go into my booze advent calendar box. There is something about that deep tartness, that touch of sweetness, and that layered malty spice that lended this brew a powerful balance. There is nothing mellow about this one. While you could sip it by the fire with some Christmas melodies, it's strong enough to fuel some serious (sometimes too serious) board game competition with the family in front of the tree.

Comments

Popular Posts