Exponential (Shoreline)

This was an ale that my cohort in drinking ordered at Shoreline Restaurant & Brewery. Overall this restaurant serves the beer too cold and somewhat flat. I'm not a huge fan of Shoreline, but it's a huge step up from your average chain restaurant.

Enough about the restaurant...back to the beer....

From the menu:
"All new Citra Hops added 17 times throughout the boil, exponentially, combined with a single malt mash. A simple beer to let the hops shine."

General Thoughts 
I couldn't stop trying to compare this to Cenotaph, and there is no comparison. Cenotaph wins.

Look and Smell: This beer was a nice golden to amber color. What tiny bit of head it had, it was white. You can smell the hops; you'd better be able to after reading their description.


Taste: It was an IPA. A good IPA. I didn't get the spice I got with Cenotaph. The spice really adds to the flavors of those Citra Hops. It was bitter and earthy. It had the same citrus-lemony acid taste that lifted it up a bit and balanced the bitter. My partner found it to be earthy, like pine wood. The hops coat your tongue.

Comments

Popular Posts