Danny's (Moylan's)

I had this Irish-Style Red Ale on tap at Old Chicago. For a chain they have a couple good selections. I saw Moylan's and after Kilt Lifter, I had to try it.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a light red. The head was white and bubbly. I couldn't smell in the smoky bar I was in.

Taste: The malt was the first thing I tasted. Then I tasted the hops. I got a mouthful of grain. This was biscuity like the Kilt Lifter. Looking at the full facts for the two they do share most of their grain bill. For being a lower ABV, it was a bit boozy. The aftertaste was sweet. This ale was pretty carbonated.

From the Moylan's site:
A rich ale recipe from the Homeland, Paddy’s Irish Red Ale is malty sweetness in liquid form. A low hop profile dances above the massive barley character, creating an invigorating aroma and caramel character that will compliment most foods. Hearty and luscious, this brew is what keeps those Irish Eyes A’ Smilin’!

Comments

Popular Posts