Brigand (Van Honsebrouck)

I had this Belgian Strong Ale on tap at Regional Food and Drink in Chinatown in DC. The lighting wasn't great in there, but from what I could tell it was the color of apple cider. A bit cloudy and a nice golden color. I got this glass as a first pour from a new keg. That could be bad, but this was really good. It was served super cold.

The Van Honsebrouck site is flash garbage with poor translation, so I don't know how they describe this one. I did see that they had a Brigand IPA too.

General Thoughts: Great color. It was very refreshing, high citrus acid kind of taste. It had a light after taste. I'm on a lacing kick, so I will say that it had fabulous lacing, as a Belgian beer should. It was served in a tulip and the lacing was down to the bowl.

Comments

Popular Posts