Wexford Irish Cream Ale (Greene King)

This is by far one of the best beers I have ever tasted. This is my bad day beer, my celebratory beer, my beer as a meal, and my beer as a dessert. It is tasty, beautiful, fragrant, entertaining, and substantial.

And that ends my ode to Wexford.

I couldn't find much on the brewer/distributors site. Google searches lead me nowhere. I'm not even going to taint this post with the BA link, because the people rating it apparently don't like beer.

From the distributor's site:
"Wexford Irish Cream Ale is based on a traditional Irish recipe from Wexford, Ireland which dates back to 1810. Wexford uses only the finest ingredients to ensure a smooth mellow creaminess. Best served slightly chilled to be smooth and refreshing.
Malt: A blend of pale malt made from a 2 row English spring barley called Tipple and crystal malt
Hops: A complex blend of Challenger, Admiral, Boadicea, First Gold and WGV ( Wye Goldings)
Yeast Strain: Greene King Ale yeast"

Not much of a description, but it is mellow and creamy.


General Thoughts: It pours like a Boddingtons, with that nice light creaminess. It slowly clears. Once you get past the memorizing pour, you find that it's just as smooth and creamy as it looks. You get a nice bitter flavor, even though it is a nice light beer. It's the Guinness of English Bitters or Cream Ales....or whatever you want to call this. It invigorates the senses, relaxes the body, and satisfies the mind. This is a beer to truly be enjoyed.

A love letter to Wexford....signed Tani

Comments

Popular Posts