Dragon's Milk (New Holland)

This is the 2010 Vintage (I probably should have stored it), this ale is dark and wonderful. The first time I had it was on tap at Charlie's Ale House in Munster, IN. They asked me if I was sure I wanted it, and that's when I knew it was perfect for me. This time I had it out of the bottle.

From the New Holland site:
"The beer you hold in your hand, Dragon’s Milk Ale, is a crown jewel of New Holland Brewing Company. It is the unrivaled result of painstaking processes - both creative and scientific.

We could tell you about the centuries-old tradition of the term, Dragon's Milk, or we could tell you about the history, craftsmanship and challenges of important, the beer inside this bottle.


Expect a complex ale with a soft, rich caramel-malt character intermingled with deep vanilla tones; all dancing in an oak bath. Unmistakably distinctive example of New Holland’s Art in Fermented Form. "

General Thoughts: Not a lot of head, but carbonated. It has a bit of sweet to me, but it's probably just me. Like the sweet I taste in artichoke that no one else tastes. You taste the oak, but it's not overwhelming. This brew doesn't hide the alcohol. The carbonation and flavor linger on the tongue, but isn't thick. The aftertaste is caramel-ish with a chocolaty flavor. I say chocolate, but it's a bitter dark.

Comments

Popular Posts