Christmas Ale (Corsendonk)

This ale was part of the collection of winter brews I picked up at my local beverage depot. I've had good Corsendonk experiences, so I knew the Christmas Ale wouldn't disappoint.

From the Corsendonk site:
"Corsendonk Christmas Ale is brewed every year during the holiday season and is available from November until the end of February.


For this reddish brown Christmas beer, the Corsendonk brewer uses roasted special malts, the finest hops and selected yeasts, spiced up with a touch of coriander. With it's delicate malty nose, Corsendonk Christmas Ale has everything what only the very best Christmas beer could possibly offer: a round, balanced taste with a dry and refined aftertaste."

General Thoughts 
Look and Smell: Fragrant when opened. Got a nice little foggy vapor when the cork was popped. Poured with a ton of white head. It left a bit of lacing on the glass. It's a dark, ruby, red. It smells lightly malty.

Taste: It's a sweet ale, with hints of cherry or plum. I'm not sure if I'm imagining that because of the color. I get what malty flavor I do at the end. This is semi-warming, but not as thick as some.

What I like about this brew is that it's a standard ale with just a bit more. It's not too complex, but it's enjoyable. The aftertaste is nice; it's sweet and dry. I read the Corsendonk description (above), and I don't taste the coriander, but other than that, dead on.

Comments

Popular Posts