Gold Leader (Three Floyds)

I had this beer on tap at Three Floyds. I've had the Samurai Gazebo that they brewed with the same Sorachi Ace hops, and I wasn't a fan. I gave this one a shot anyway, and I was not overly disappointed.

From the menu:
"Samurai-inspired crisp lager brewed with Japanese Sorachi Ace hops and a portion of rice."

General Thoughts:  This had a white head as it was poured out from the tap. It had a bit of lacing that clung to the glass. Gold in color. Light hop smell and taste. It had a sharp (but not heavy) bitterness that lingered, but was not overpowering. Overall a somewhat standard lager for me. Not much of an aftertaste. Honestly, reading the description now as I type that bit of this post in, it seems to lack something. You'd think it would be wildly different. 

Comments

Popular Posts