Owd English (Three Floyds)

I have had this Three Floyds barleywine a number of times. I have a unpredictable relationship with barleywines. I've had some that were overpowering and undrinkable, and some that I've craved for days. This, I think, is a good one. During this visit, my companion ordered a glass. I got a couple of good sips in to write about it, but this is his take on it (with a touch extra from me).

From the menu:
"Eureka!! Pull up a stool next to Rupret and enjoy this warming British-style barley wine, made with the best english hops and malts, this special ale is just what Witherbottom prescribes."

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: Nice white head that lingered. Great dark brown. Smelled a bit sweet. 

Taste: This was a decent barleywine. It wasn't as strong as most of them are, but it still had a strength to it. It had a sourness that lingered. It was a little bitter, but slightly sweet. It had a nice carbonation.

Comments

Popular Posts