Barrel Aged Cherry Behemoth (Three Floyds)

It's been a year since I had this barleywine. This brew is barrel aged with cherries. It's a seasonal worth waiting for. I will say that I've had better barleywines, but I love getting a nice glass of this on tap at Three Floyds.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This poured a nice cloudy brown. The cloudiness hints at the thickness of this liquid. It smelled tart. I get a little PineSol smell, which sounds disgusting, but actually wasn't that off-putting. It had light head that was very bubbly. The bubble clung to the glass a bit.

Taste: It was very tart in flavor. That's all cherry, not so much traditional barleywine. The tangy flavor lingers. It doesn't taste like Robitussin (which it easily could because of the cherry and alcohol). You still taste the alcohol though. It was thicker than the stout I had that afternoon.

From the menu:
"Our Behemoth barleywine aged in a Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey barrel with real cherries for one year, very limited not to be missed!"

Comments

Popular Posts