Breakfast Stout (Founders)

I had this rich stout on tap at Three Floyds. I tried this another time on tap at RFD. I like Founders beers...I think. I'll have to drink some Founders again and write about it!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was very dark. It was either black or a very dark brown. It had a creamy chocolate-colored head (they say "cinnamon-colored" in their description). You could smell the roast.

Taste: It was like a thick, rich coffee. The coffee fades into a nice bitter. It wasn't overly roasted or bitter. It was very nice and smooth. I remember it being almost too rich to drink, but this was very drinkable. I'd order it again.

From the Founders site:
The coffee lover's consummate beer. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and imported chocolates, and Sumatra and Kona coffee, this stout has an intense fresh roasted java nose topped with a frothy, cinnamon-colored head that goes forever.

Comments

Popular Posts