Buttface Amber Ale (Big Horn)

Not going to devote too much space or time to this, it's more of just a note to myself. This amber ale was not good at all. I got a taster of this brew while I was at RAM Restaurant and Brewery. The server said that it was "like getting slammed in the face with hops." After her descriptions of the other beers, and the track record of their brews for the evening, I just asked for a taste of it. It was sugary sweet with nothing to it other than that. There were no hops to be found anywhere in this flavor.  Granted, their description on the menu mentioned nothing of hops and did note the sweetness.

I enjoy a good amber ale, and this wasn't one of them.

From the RAM site (I'm starting to think that you can get a brewing award just for releasing something):
Buttface Amber Ale
Our medal-winning American-style Amber ale features malty caramel flavors and a smooth, slightly sweet finish.

Comments

Popular Posts