Double Jack (Firestone Walker)

This Double Imperial IPA was brewed in oak barrels from Firestone vineyards. It is part of the Proprietor's Reserve Series. I just started seeing bottles of Firestone Walker around. I had never seen anything from this brewery before, so I decided to check it out.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This had thick white frothy head when I poured it. It slowly settled. It was a nice gold color. You could smell the floral and earthy hops. As the head settled and I drank it, it left little lacing.

Taste: It was surprisingly creamy. It was spicy, really spicy. It had a spice to it that I couldn't place. I could taste a sharpness that was citrusy. I liked it, this was almost as good as Three Floyds' Arctic Panzer Wolf.

From the Firestone site:
Double Jack IPA is our first ever Imperial IPA. It features a big malty middle to cloak the high alcohol and mouth puckering hop bitterness. Huge tangerine, grapefruit and juicy fruit aroma blossom over the herbal blue basil and malt earthiness of this aggressive beer. Best enjoyed in moderation.

Comments

Popular Posts