Maibock (Big Horn)

The Big Horn Maibock was featured as a seasonal brew at the RAM Restaurant and Brewery. I tasted this one after two drinkable selections and two that I would never touch again, so my expectations weren't high. It is also a little early for a Maibock...you'd think. But hey, I'm up for an early spring.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It had a frothy white head dissipated quickly. It was a dark amber color. It smelled sugary. Not like a rich malt, but like syrupy sugar.

Taste: It was malty with a very light roast. It was a really simple flavor. I like malt, I'm not just hop kid, but I like a richer malt. This beer was nothing great. I would probably not order it again. If it was free I'd probably drink it, slowly. 

I couldn't find it on The RAM site. Beer Advocate didn't have much. Rate Beer had the ABV and this description:
"This traditional German beer is usually served on the first day of May to celebrate the arrival of spring. Our Maibock is a malty but balanced beer that is extremely drinkable and leaves you asking for another round. A spring seasonal specialty in every Big Horn Brewing location."

Comments

Popular Posts