Nobel (Christoffel)

I enjoyed this brew on tap at The Publican. It seemed like it would go well with my pork. This is yet another awesome beer distributed by the Shelton Brothers. This is just a quick little write up. I enjoyed it quite a bit; but I was also enjoying my time at the pub....so I didn't get a good, thorough taste in. I really want to try their other beers. All of them are lagers. I find myself leaning toward ales, but this lager is great!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was a cloudy yellow. It had nice white bubbly head. It had a  nice look to it. I got a nice lemony smell.

Taste: It was really rich. I wasn't expecting that. It tasted lemony and crisp. The tart flavor lingered as a nice refreshing aftertaste. I really liked the balance of the acid and creaminess. It was a really great brew. I can't wait to try the rest of their lagers.

From the Christoffel site:
Strong Lager 8.7% and, like all of our beers, bottom fermented, non pasteurized, unfiltered and fermented in traditional open tubs. This golden-blond extra strong beer, with fresh whole noble virgin hop flowers generously added during maturation, has an attractive bitterness and a seductive hop aroma. Nobel refers to the varieties of noble hops, selected for their quality, whose refined aromas and mild bitterness help craft great beers. Lightly sweet and fresh, a class of its own until the last drop.


Purely Delicate...Virgin Hops
Dry hopped Christoffel Noble!

Comments

Popular Posts