Organizing the Booze Lair

I took advantage of being snowed in to get my "cellar" in order. My cellar is just a big closet that I have in the basement that has transformed into my booze lair. This is the room to be in if disaster were to strike. This cave was out of control. While it was dominated by bottles, random electronics, an assortment of Christmas decorations, and other household items were quietly trying to hold their own. It had gotten to the point that I didn't even really know what I had in there. While some boxes were labeled, most were a mix of unknown contents. This is one area that we had not really moved into yet. This day was as good a day as any to deal with this madness.

After a year and a half living in this place, I thought it was time to bring some order to my booze closet. I was tired and had little motivation, being surrounded by the gloomy weather. I played around in the snow for a bit to work up the energy to get in there and get the closet organized.

It was worth it. It was actually a little fun (geek peek). I got to see what I had, and make some plans for the neglected bottles. It also made me more than a little thirsty. I concluded my clean-up session with a hot mug of Glogg.

I didn't take any before pictures....but doesn't the clean order of this closet give you a feeling of zen? I know it gives me a sense of accomplishment!

Comments

Popular Posts