Rocket Dog (Laughing Dog)

This is Rye IPA is another brew from  Laughing Dog. I thought they'd just be one of those breweries that focused more on their label then the contents, but I have really enjoyed their beer so far. This was a new rye beer for me, but with the track record Laughing Dog has, I didn't think it was a risk.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This one had tons of white head. It just didn't settle! It took a while. It's gold in color with a slight amber tint. It smelled like an IPA. It smelled really grainy too, like wort. Very nice.

Taste: The grainy smell leads to a grainy taste. I tasted hops too. Very IPA. The taste is all over the tongue, not just bitter. Well rounded. The aftertaste is bitter, not great though. It's really hard to beat Arctic Panzer Wolf.

For some reason, I'm not having any luck finding it on the Laughing Dog site. From the bottle:
The bottle just has the graphic and "India Pale Ale Rocket Dog to save the day."
OG-1.062 -- IBU-62
Simcoe, Columbus and Cascade hops. Pale, Rye, and Munich Malt.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts