Stacked (Horny Goat)

I had gotten this beer as part of a sampler pack when I was in Wisconsin. I was not too impressed with these beers, but there were still a couple that I hadn't had...this was one of them.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: The light head dissipated quickly. I was able to catch some of the head in the picture. It looks decent. It was a dark brown. You could smell a slight roast.

Taste: It wasn't great, not very complex. It was a pretty light weight beer for a milk stout. I wasn't a huge fan. It wasn't gross, I just wouldn't go out of my way for it. It's not my favorite stout. I didn't have a bad aftertaste. I really like stouts, so my standards are pretty high.

From the Horny Goat site:
Stacked Milk Stout is a traditional ingredient English milk stout incorporating theuse of milk sugar. Unlike Irish stouts which are bitter and dry, this stout will be creamy and smooth with a hint of sweetness and soft chocolatey roastyness, but not overwhelming on the palette. Full bodied, smooth and drinkable.

Comments

Popular Posts