Total Disorder Porter (Big Horn)

I had brews from the Indiana locations at the Indiana Brew Festival in 2010. They were okay, but my views may have been skewed with some tastes of truly fantastic beers. So I sat down at one of their restaurants to try some of their beers again. A friend clued me in that the Total Disorder Porter was the one to try, it won awards at the GABF.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This had a really nice head. It was creamy like a stout. The beer was a nice dark brown. I could smell the roast. Not strong, just a really light aroma.

Taste: The taste was rich and thick. I could taste a little of vanilla or caramel. The aftertaste was light and watery. It wasn't the most complex porter. I did like the creaminess of it. I think this was the best one on the menu, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

From the RAM site:
Total Disorder Porter recently won a Gold Medal at the Great American Beer Festival® in Denver, Colorado in the BrownCategory! We salute our award-winning brewers for this prestigious medal and celebrate their accomplishment. Total Disorder Porter satisfies with chocolate, coffee and caramel flavors plus a smooth, rich finish. Best of all, this Gold Medal winner is in our everyday lineup and is available anytime!

From the menu:
Our award winning brown porter, dark and decadent with chocolate, coffee and caramel flavors and a smooth, rich finish. 

Comments

Popular Posts