Traditional Lager (Yuengling)

I had this one on tap at Buffalo Billiards in DC. Their food is general American bar food, but I know they have couple of good brews on tap. I've had this beer many a time. It's a drinkable standard; it's a classic lager. It used to be mostly available on the East Coast, but I guess distribution is expanding. I usually have a pint when I'm in FL or DC.

General Thoughts
I was catching up with a friend, so my thoughts are brief.
Look and Smell: Gold color with a light head (in amount and color). I couldn't really smell it in the middle of the bar.

Taste: You can taste the malt. It's a standard lager. It's a bit yeasty. This has a very light aftertaste. 

From the Yuengling site:
An Iconic American Lager famous for its rich amber color and medium-bodied flavor with roasted caramel malt for a subtle sweetness and a combination of cluster and cascade hops, this true original delivers a well-balanced taste with very distinct character.

Comments

Popular Posts