Four Stars (Goose Island)

I went on a tour of the brewery at the Clybourn GI brewpub last weekend. I've never been a huge fan of GI. It's not that they aren't drinkable, they just aren't great for me. I can't pass up time at a brewpub and a peek at operations though. Plus, I was looking forward to some special brews on site.

They had different taps at each side of the bar. It was crowded, so I just ordered one from the tap set in front of me. The was a good, quick pick.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It had a creamy, tan-colored head. It was really dark brown. I couldn't really smell it with all the smells of the food and drink around me in the pub.

Taste: It had some bitterness to it with light carbonation. I tasted fruit with a sour note. I could taste the grain, not sure what kind. The aftertaste was sweet, sweeter than I'd like with the other flavors going on. By the end of the glass it was just a bit too much for me. Very good for GI. I probably wouldn't order it again. I've had several of their beers, I'm wondering if it's something about their yeast or process that I don't like.

They have tons of beers listed on the GI site, and even a listing of what was at the Clybourn location the day I was there, yet....this beer isn't posted. Maybe it was a dream. I do have a picture of the tap in the background that I didn't crop out!

Comments

Popular Posts