El Rojado Imperiale (Brugge)

In past trips to Indianapolis, I never made it to Brugges Brasserie. I had tried some of their brews in the past at festivals, but never made it to the pub. After my visit I don't think I can go to Indy and not stop in.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was reddish-brown in color. It had a little white head that clung to the glass. I could smell the grain and sweet malt.

Taste: It didn't hide it's ABV at all. It was bitter. Looking back at the menu, it boasted a 145 IBU. So, yeah. bitter. I could taste the malt over the bitterness, so the bitter wasn't overpowering. It wasn't bitter for the sake of being bitter, it had a lot going on. I got a grainy aftertaste. It was a slow drink that was savored before and after my meal.

I'm glad I snapped a shot of the menu, because the description isn't on their site. From the menu:
Big, malty & rich body with 3 generous hop charges to balance this Imperial American Red brewed with out Belgian yeast strain. Limit of 2.

Comments

Popular Posts