Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery

I hit up Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery on my way home from Indianapolis. It was a bit out of our way, but it was worth it to try a new spot.


When we walked in the restaurant seemed to be a decent size. The bar seemed a little small. I was impressed when the manager/owner came to talk to us about their brews. He gave us healthy samples. I was a little turned off with his comments though. I asked what the Kokomonster was. He explained that he talked to his brewer and told the guy that people want beer that is high in alcohol, but light in flavor. Um....I drink it for flavor sir. If I wanted no taste and booze I'd drink smooth vodka. He also explained that the brewer had then tweaked it and added a little flavor. While he poured a sample of the IPA, he told me how much he didn't like it. I felt bad for his brewer. I'm sure that his intention was not to turn me off to Half Moon beer, but thank God for samples or I'd be drinking a Bud Light clone! While his attitude toward beer was off-putting, he was not rude and the beer wasn't bad.

The service was very laid back. The beers were poured well.  It sounded like the people at the bars were regulars. The food all around me looked great, but I was still full from an amazing brunch, so all I was able to order was a small cheese bread appetizer that wasn't too memorable.

Overall it was a decent place. I'd definitely recommend it you are ever in Kokomo, IN...which you probably never will be!

Comments

Popular Posts