Naughty Scott (Rock Bottom)

Rock Bottom is a chain of brewpubs. They brew their own beer on site (at least some of it as far as I know). They have special brews at each restaurant too. I've had a taster flight in the past. The beers aren't bad. I just wouldn't go out of my way to go here. This Scottish Ale was one of their specialty brews.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was red. It had very little head. Not sure if it was the beer, the pour, or settling. It wasn't too carbonated though. I couldn't smell anything, probably because all of the food around.

Taste: It was sweeter than I like. I could taste the malt and grain. It was sweet the whole time. Not much complexity in flavor. It took me quite a while to drink this one down. This brew is not something I'd drink again. I guess I just have really high standards for Scottish Ales.

This was one of their specialty beers, so it doesn't have a description on their online menu. I to remember it having a lower IBU, but higher than their standard Scottish Ale. It was described as a 90 shilling brew, but I didn't think it warranted that description. I think the ABV was higher than their standard as well. I should have taken a picture of the menu.

Comments

Popular Posts