California Commons (New Albanian Brewing Company)

Enjoyed this California Commons (beer brewed with a lager yeast at the cool end of ale temps) from the tap at the Public House.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was amber in color with a thick white head. I could smell the hops and yeast. Seemed like it would be a rich lager (contradiction in terms for me).

Taste: That yeast smell was where the common lager bit ended. I could taste the bitter from good hops. It was an earthy, floral, citrus flavor. It was a treat for my tongue. Then there was this flavor I couldn't place. It hit me.....lychee...right of the tree. Strange, super strange, but that was the flavor. That sweet, tangy flavor. That roller coaster of taste ended on a bitter note. This was a nice, mellow, yet complex brew.

I couldn't find anything on the NABC site for this one.

Comments

Popular Posts