Dr. Evil (Old Chicago)

I have not done an Old Chicago mini-tour in ages, but because it was craft week week, the tour didn't look half bad, and the shirt was sweet, I drank my way through the tour. I started out with the Old Chicago Belgian Pale Ale. If memory serves me right, the menu said that it was brewed by Boulder Brewing Company for Old Chicago. Unlike their sister restaurant Rock Bottom, Old Chicago does not have brewing facilities that I know of.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was gold like a pils. It had a bubbly white head. This beer smelled sweet and spicy. I couldn't place the spices. It had decent lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: I couldn't place the spice even as I drank it. It was sweet and malty. The aftertaste was sugary. It wasn't bad. I was expecting much worse.

Comments

Popular Posts