Hefeweizen (Widmer Brothers)

I enjoyed a pint of this hefeweizen on tap at Old Chicago on the last day of my Old Chicago Craft Beer Mini-Tour. I was glad to see it on the list. It did not get served with a lemon, and I was completely fine with that.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was such a wonderfully cloudy beer. It had a thick, solid, frothy, white head. I could smell the wheat without having to stick my face in it. It had light lacing.

Taste: It was so very creamy and good. I could taste the wheat. It had a sweetness to it. It's a very nice hefeweizen. It could compare with Boulevard Wheat. I think this is better.

From the Widmer Brothers site:
Meet the beer that started it all. Out naturally cloudy flagship brew with the highest quality wheat. It's bold, clean flavor and pronounced citrus and floral aromas are what define American-style hefeweizen. So pour yourself a cool, cloudy glass, finish with a lemon and enjoy the original. 



Comments

Popular Posts