The Living Wage (Haymarket Brewing)

Haymarket Pub & Brewery has long been on my Chicago pub list. I have not yet gotten out there, but will make a point after trying this delicious American Belgian-style Pale Ale on tap at Three Floyds.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This yellow-ish, straw-colored beer had a super foamy head. It went down after a bit, leaving a little bubbly head. The yeast was what I smelled first. I got some citrus/orange smell too.

Taste: The orange, fruity taste quickly revealed a yeasty flavor and ended dry. Bone dry. It happened so quickly I could barely pinpoint the taste of it. It was light in consistency and very drinkable. I really enjoyed this one. I can't wait to try more of their brews!

From the Haymarket site:
This light bodied yet complex pale ale was brewed and dry hopped with Amarillo and weighs in at 4.5% for a true session ale with character and awesome aromas of citrus and spice.  Perfect for those long lunches or late nights!  We all deserve a living wage!

Comments

Popular Posts