Oberon (Bell's)

I remember having this ale in the summertime last year and really liking it. Bell's is hit or miss for me, so it's important that I note that this is one I like. I'm normally a big fan of the heavy, hoppy, and/or roasted brews, but spring calls for something a little lighter.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-colored ale had a foamy white head. I could smell citrus and grain. It had light lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: This is a truly refreshing beer. I could taste the malted grain with a little bitter spike from those citrusy hops. It was tasty. The aftertaste was citrus and malt. A great summer beer.

From the Bell's site:
Bell's Oberon is a wheat ale fermented with Bell's signature house ale yeast, mixing a spicy hop character with mildly fruity aromas. The addition of wheat malt lends a smooth mouthfeel, making it a classic summer beer.

Comments

Popular Posts