Pride and Joy (Three Floyds)

I really enjoy Three Floyds beer. This Mild Ale happened to be a local selection on the Old Chicago Craft Beer Tour. I throughly enjoyed this FFF flagship brew.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This straw-gold ale had a bubbly head. I could smell the citrus and floral hops. It had light lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: The hop flavor was great in intensity and quality. It is definitely a mild hop taste in this light beer. The hops tasted almost sappy and woody, but I'm not sure others would agree. It was good balanced flavor.

From the FFF site:
This beer is 3 Floyd’s American “Mild” Ale. With a more assertive hop profile that British Milds and a relatively low alcohol content this is a great session beer that still has Pale Ale characteristics. Pride and Joy is a golden color with a fruity nose and a light caramel sweetness to balance the crisp finish. A truly refreshing ale that drinks easily.

Comments

Popular Posts