Unfiltered Wheat (Boulevard Brewing Company)

I had this unfiltered wheat on tap when I was in St Louis. It was craft beer week, and I thought it would be fitting to enjoy a Missouri brew. I have had this beer many times before. Never loved it, but it was a go-to-beer in KC when nothing else was on tap. Their brewery tour is top notch.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: The head was light and frothy. It was served with a lemon, so I can't tell how strong the citrus scent was in the beer itself. It smelled like a standard heavy wheat.

Taste: Very wheaty. The wheat is decent quality. It was yeasty. It wasn't as light as I remember it being, a nice surprise. A clean wheat with substance. A good Missouri craft brew. Still not my favorite, but as their distribution expands, I may be able to find it on tap as a good alternative. It's a great gateway beer to enlighten those who have not had much past rice beer.

From the Boulevard site:
Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat Beer is a lively, refreshing ale with a natural citrusy flavor and distinctive cloudy appearance. This easy drinking American-style wheat beer has become our most popular offering, and the best-selling craft beer in the Midwest.

Comments

Popular Posts