Alimony Ale (Buffalo Bill's)

I picked up a six pack of this IPA to enjoy by the campfire.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: Not much to look at or smell, I drank it from the bottle.

Taste: It was malty with really light hops. I was surprised how light it was for an IPA. It was kind of sticky and earthy, but I may have been reading too much into it. It was an ale, not sure how IP it was. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I wouldn't turn it down.

From the Buffalo Bill's site:
It's Irreconcilably Different! Buffalo Bill's Alimony Ale was originally brewed back in 1987 for a customer going through a divorce. It has gained a reputation as one of the most eccentric brews, from reports in the Wall Street Journal and Newsweek. No longer one of the bitterest beers in America, just one of the best.

Comments

Popular Posts