A Flight at Heartland Brewery (Part 1)

I visited the South Street Seaport location for Heartland Brewery. Since this was the first time I was trying their beer, I went with a flight. The six beers they had on the flight sounded tasty. These are my notes from the first three beers.

Indian River Light
Look and Smell: Spiced scent with orange. I could smell the yeast. It had light lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: It was absolutely the beer for such a hot day. It was cold, it was light, it was citrusy. The spice was very light. You could taste the malt. It was a light beer with a nice flavor. It was complex for a light beer, but not much going on compared to some of my favorites.

From the Menu: With accents of fresh orange this refreshing light pale ale is clean and smooth. A subtle hint of coriander enhances the crisp finish.

Corn Husker Lager
Look and Smell: This gold-colored brew had a very light scent. A little lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: Not much going on. A very light lager without much taste.

From the Menu: Crisp and smooth, our golden lagers is crafted from Midwestern malts and flaked sweet corn. this is our most refreshing beer, with a mellow maltiness and a light, clean finish.

Harvest Wheat
Look and Smell: Gold-ish yellow with a wheat smell. Cloudy. Garnished with a huge slice of lemon.

Taste: Standard wheat. Not great. Pretty plain. Doesn't stand alone very well, but might be good with food. It might have been better if I squeezed the lemon into it.

From the Menu: A straw-colored traditional American wheat beer made with malted red wheat and 2-row barley, unfiltered, and served with a lemon wedge for a light citrus finish. 


Comments

Popular Posts