A Flight at Heartland Brewery (Part 2)

I visited the South Street Seaport location for Heartland Brewery. Since this was the first time I was trying their beer, I went with a flight. The six beers they had on the flight sounded tasty. These are my notes from the last three (darker) beers.


Red Rooster Ale
Look and Smell: This red-colored brew had a tan head and smelled of grain. It had light lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: Very grainy like an Irish Red. The malt balanced it out a little. The aftertaste was malty. It was a decent beer.

From the Menu: Caramel and Munich malts give our flavorful red ale a rich toffee and roasted nut character. We top of this beer with a healthy addition of American hops for perfect balance.

Indiana Pale Ale
Look and Smell: This dark gold beer had a bubbly white head. It had a lot of lacing as I drank it. I could smell light hops.

Taste: I could taste floral hops. It had a sharp bitterness to it. I really enjoyed this one.

From the Menu: IPAs are popular for their zesty hop spice and rich malt character. Ours does not disappoint! With a deep golden color, full malt flavor, and aggressive bittering hops.

Farmer Jon's Oatmeal Stout
Look and Smell: This dark brown beer had a creamy head that stuck on the whole time I was drinking the other tasters. It smelled like rich, roasted coffee.

Taste: It was lighter than I thought it would be. It was like watered-down coffee, that's it.

From the Menu: This hearty, creamy stout has hints of espresso and elegant dark chocolate sweetness.

Comments

Popular Posts