Merry Monks (Weyerbacher)

I enjoyed a half pint of this (shared) from the tap at the Pony Bar in Hell's Kitchen. This beer was powerful...and banana-y.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: I could smell the sugar of a Belgian, yeast and grain. It was a nice straw color.

Taste: It was creamy and tasted of that banana ester that I'm not too fond of. Not sure why I'm just noticing it this year, but it's everywhere! I think it hides it's 9.3% ABV very well.

From the Weyerbacher site:
When you try this beer you’re in for a unique treat. The special effervescence and creaminess are immediately apparent when pouring. The pilsner malts combined with the Belgian yeast strains yield a remarkable and complex flavor- perhaps you’ll note subtle hints of banana and cookie dough. The flavor is nicely balanced and the finish moderate to dry, begging for the next sip. This 9.3% brew is available year-round.

Comments

Popular Posts