Undercover Investigation Shut-Down (Lagunitas Brewing Company)

Shared a half pint of this Imperial Mild with my drinking buddy. This was another brew enjoyed at The Pony Bar in Hell's Kitchen. Imperial Mild? Sounded interesting to me. Not a local beer, but I couldn't pass up a try of a Lagunitas beer. This beer has alluded me for years. Every time I thought of it, it was either tapped out, or I didn't realize it was on the menu until it was too late. This was worth the chase.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This brown ale had a very frothy white head. Through all the sensory noise, I smelled the malt.

Taste: This was a very smooth drink that hid the high alcohol content well. I could taste the malts with light hops. It had a creaminess that I wasn't expecting.

From the Lagunitas site:
Our oxymoronic 'Imperial Mild' - A redux to remember the '05 St. Paddy's Day Massacre. Defiant as to style ... We Can say for sure it is unforgiven and unrepentant. 

Comments

Popular Posts