Summertime (Goose Island)

For a brewery that is not among my favorites, I sure seem to keep trying. It's not that they are bad, but they aren't spectacular. With a limited on-tap selection, this Kölsch (which also isn't among my favorite types) would do. Complaining to an end, back to the notes.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was yellow with a frothy white head. I could smell light hops, but it was a reach in the crowded bar I was in. It had some lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: It was sweeter than I expected. It was light. It had an acid to it. I think it was a touch of apple, but others say it's lemon. It didn't have a notably bad aftertaste. I'd probably drink it again, I just would't go out of my way for it. I'd definitely recommend it to people who like lighter beers.

From the GI site:
The color of sunshine, with a light fruity aroma and a hint of fruity acidity, Goose Island Summertime is the perfect summer session ale. A Kölsch beer brewed in the traditional German fashion, you’ll find yourself enjoying and savoring each sip of summertime as much as you do those hot summer days and cool summer nights.

Comments

Popular Posts