Brew Haven Taste: Osiris (Sun King)

This begins my series of posts about a fun little brewfest in New Haven, IN. This was the first year of Brew Haven (at Trion). A good time was had by all, through the mind-numbing heat and the rain shower. My notes are decent enough. I'm really going for worth trying or totally hate with this series of posts. I was there for a good time, not to write!

I got this APA on tap out of the truck. It was a bit above the 2 oz pour line. The first taste of many that make all the tastes a bit foggy. Fortunately, a new-ish friend of mine (cheers to Roger) shared a can of this good stuff with me. So I can try it again with a fresh mind.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This gold ale had a nice amount of frothy white head. It was poured from the tap, to a pitcher, to my little glass and retained it. I could smell the hops, didn't note what kind. The picture of this one even shows the bubbles.

Taste: This had a nice malt balance. More malt than expected actually, but that was nice. I got the hops and a bitter turn (like a peak in tasting to the aftertaste). Definitely try again. It was worth being the first taste of the day.

The Sun King site is down for some odd reason, but I took a pic of their sign! From the sign:
Osiris Pale Ale is an assertive American Pale.

Crafted by our Brewers for our Brewers, Osiris blends three choice varieties of American hops to create a spicy, citrus, hop punch that is sure to satisfy any hop head. Every batch of Osiris is dry-hopped towards the end of fermentation for maximum hop flavor, aroma and character.

Comments

Popular Posts