Hoptober (New Belgium)

I had this golden ale on tap at a local chain restaurant/bar. It's good that New Belgium is getting such a good distribution. I'm not sure if I've ever had this NB seasonal before. I was off NB for a year or so (other than the Lips of Faith Series and the occasional Fat Tire).

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was yellow in that almost neon way. The head was thick, white and bubbly. I could smell citrus and pine hopes over the bar. It had moderate lacing as I drank it down.

Taste: I tasted the hops more, but the malt was there to balance it out. It smoothed and combined at the end. A great summer beer. I'd recommend this to everyone (hop heads, wheat drinkers). I don't think everyone would love it, but everyone should try it.

From the New Belgium site (showcasing five different hops):
Hoptober Golden Ale a veritable cornucopia of the earth. Pale and wheat malt are mashed with rye and oats to create a medium-bodied ale with a creamy mouthfeel.


Centennial, Cascade, Sterling, Willamette, and Glacier hops form a bonfire of citrus notes, fruity cheers and a bold finale.

Comments

Popular Posts