Mad Anthony: The Original Munchie Emporium Restaurant

I visited Mad Anthony's Fort Wayne pub on the way home from the Brew Haven Brewfest. I had heard of Mad Anthony when I first moved to the area, but had never been.


I walked in and my mind was rocking to the music right away. '90s rap and '80s rock. The bartender would even wiggle to the beat every once and a while.

They had cool signage and funky decor. They had old signs and advertisements, etched mirrors, and framed pictures and papers. This made this wide open area seem much more cozy.

The staff was super friendly. It seems like the locals frequent this pub. Several people stopped in on this Sunday afternoon for take out. People stepped up to the bar and talked to the bartender about their latest trips, family, and jobs.

The food was good bar food. I ordered the potato skins with ranch. It came with a ranch that could have been homemade. It had diced cucumbers mixed in.

I got a meaty, deep dish, pizza. It was pretty good. They didn't skimp on the toppings or cheese. The crust was pretty flaky too. It was worth taking the leftovers home in a cooler!

In addition to their brews, they had liquor and some standard bottled beers. They even had a bar-made hot pepper vodka. I was there for the beer though. I split a taster board of a select 6 brews (standards and a couple seasonal). I ordered a pint of their Rye PA before the trek home. Their beers weren't bad. They weren't out of this world, but good everyday beers. I wouldn't say they were catering to the masses by any means. Even their fruit beer (blueberry) was really well done.


Comments

Popular Posts