Anger (Greenbush Brewing Company)

And the tastes went on in the Greenbush taproom. I ordered a 6 oz pour of this Black IPA. At this point we were just going down the rest of the board!

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: It was black with a thin head. I smelled something that I couldn't place. Some spice or something. I think it might have been cinnamon.

Taste: This had much lighter hops than I was expecting. It had a light malt taste to it. It tasted more like a standard black ale to me. It was balanced. The aftertaste was bitter. For a Black IPA, I really like Laughing Dog's Dogzilla. This was the only brew that did not meet expectations, but it was still drinkable.

From the Greenbush site:
A haughty black india pale ale with a bit of pent-up attitude for those "special" days.

Our tasty little black IPA uses Belgian dark malts and dry-hopped for intense aroma. 7.6% alcohol by volume and 85 ibu's. Release some bottled-up Anger and learn to enjoy life a little.

Grain: Maris Otter, Munich, Crystal 10L, Crystal 60L, British Chocolate, Carafa III, Wheat Malt

Hops: Columbus, Amarillo, Simcoe, Cascade

Yeast: House yeast

Comments

Popular Posts