Atom Smasher (Two Brothers Brewing)

I made my way out to the Two Brothers brewpub, and I was not disappointed. I first tried a pint of the Resistance at Beer Geeks and was really impressed with this local brew. I had a couple of their brews at the MWBF. I really enjoyed them. I savored a pint of this Oktoberfest lager while waiting for my fresh pizza.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was a dark gold with a slight orange tint. It had an off-white head. I could smell malt and a light oak.

Taste: It had a caramel taste. It was lagery (yeast), but complex. It had a grainy aftertaste. This was a super good lager! I'd definitely go out of my way for this fall beer.

From the menu:
Atom Smasher Oktoberfest Lager is our take on the German Marzen style. Rich and smooth, with crisp caramel notes, with a mellow oak finish.*

*They totally hit it with this description! I guess whoever wrote this has similar taste buds to me!

Comments

Popular Posts