The Creeper (Three Floyds)

I absolutely cannot believe that I don't have notes posted for this one. Granted, I bought my stock of them around the time I started this blog last September. I probably knew I didn't need to remind myself how delicious this doppelbock was!

Well, this week I cracked open a bottle of my 2010 stash.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This beer was so very black. It had amazing coffee-colored reverse head that I couldn't stop looking at. It was so creamy. It had a bitter-roast smell.

Taste: It was so creamy and rich. It was still a little boozy after being in my lair for just at a year. The head clung to the glass as I drank it. The aftertaste I got was dark chocolate. Rich dark chocolate. Through the whole experience you get this decadent, full, taste. Amazing for a lager. This could definitely be my liquid bread during fasting....if I wanted to be smashed the whole time....

From the bottle:
Creeper - doppelbock - is a big German-American style Doppelbock brewed with the band PELICAN in honor of the band's 10th anniversary.



Memorizing in the Glass

Comments

Popular Posts