DerALEer (Crown Brewing)

The description of this American Wheat caught my eye. It was a perfect summer day, and I thought an American Wheat (with a 100 IBU) might be good.

General Thoughts
Look and Smell: This was gold with a bubbly white head. It had clarity (filtered). I couldn't smell much being outside with food all around.

Taste: It was very ale-y. I could taste the citrus hops. The wheat and other grains didn't come through that strong because of the intense bitterness. I would not have pegged this as a weiss. It was decent. I might recommend it if they have it on tap. It just wasn't balanced enough for my tastes. To be completely honest though, I haven't had an earth-shattering experience with any Crown brews.

From the menu:
Our version of an American Wheat was inspired by the first and third Monday (of every month) Pint Night Bike Ride cyclist from Crown and the Trek Bike Store. It has the same grain bill as our German Style Wizenhammer Weiss, however it is made with out house ale yeast instead of imported Hefe-Weiss yeast. The only other thing different is it happens to have 100 IBUs of Summit hops. What that means is that it is very hoppy, just like the sweaty cyclists.

Comments

Popular Posts